Homework assignments are listed in red. Other assignments will be completed during class. While each class may not have a specific in-class activity listed, some work will be assigned and due during each class. You should check the schedule at least once a week, preferably before each class meeting, as new in-class assignments may be posted in response to the progress of other assignments.
- Review Syllabus
- Join our Online Discussion group and introduce one of your classmates by posting a message to the group.
- Post a message to the Online Discussion area stating that you have read and understand the syllabus, and post any questions you have about the syllabus and the course.
- Develop questions for Colonias field trip.
- Field trip to Colonias.
- Turn in report from field trip.
- Read "Aesthetic Experience and the Importance of Visual Composition" and write a response to the reading.
- Field trip to the Virtual Lab
- Read "The Visual Dimension of Writing," by James E. Richardson. Very interesting and different approach to thinking about writing using elements of visual rhetoric. Write about how you are beginning to define visual rhetoric and how this information has helped you to do that.
- Continue working on final drafts for project.
- Guest speaker William Jones.
- Turn in Final