- On Blackboard we will discuss just between us the readings we do. See Schedule and Blackboard for more specific info. Here's what a good response should look like:
- Relates to the text being discussed. It's ok to bring in personal experience/outside thoughts, but they need to relate to something that is being discussed in the text, and not just be extensions outside of the conversation.
- Adds to the group understanding by discussing a point more fully, and not just mentioning a point.
- Is well developed. When others read a post they should not be wondering what the writer meant. The writer should provide a full description of what points she/he is adding to the conversation.
- May be a counterpoint, but not just for the sake of saying the writer of the text is wrong. Counterpoint is useful when both sides are explored fully, and value if given to both perspectives.