- Choose a subject and a level that you would like to put together teaching materials for teaching writing.
- Think of your audience as other teachers who will be using the materials.
- Each week you will turn in the following:
- At least one writing assignment
- Source info for the assignment
- An outside source that critically examines the concepts being used in the assignment (journal, blog, acceptable website). This has to be a different source than the source(s) you use for the actual assignment.
- Information from the course texts related to the assignment. You have to include info from both books for each weekly posting of your project.
- Connect what you are doing to at least one item on the Best Practices in Writing Pedagogy handout.
- (Optional) Listing and discussion of the specific TEKS related to the assignment
- For each week you must have at least two pages single spaced (or online equivalent)
- All source info must be included or credit will not be given for that section
- The information must be presented in a way that makes sense to the reader. If information is just dumped into a file with no rhyme or reason, full credit will not be given.
For final product turn in as pdf or url.
- The Writing Workshop Chapters 1-4
- Hidden Gems Chapters 1, 2, 3
- The Writing Workshop Chapters 5-8
- Hidden Gems Chapters 4, 5
- The Writing Workshop Chapters 9-12
- Hidden Gems Chapters 6, 7, 8
- The Writing Workshop Chapters 13-16
- Hidden Gems Chapter 9, 10