Analysis of the Selena Gravesite
- Gate made of iron and had a lock.
- Stone tiles, beige, inlaid pebbles
- Flanking the larger area wood and white brick columns, with green vines
- Other tombstones around
- Mesquite tree and 2 baby palm trees. Mesquite framing, protection. Very hard wood, sturdy, thorns.
- Sign - "Stay Out Respect Gravesite"
- Headstone - black
- Monument - bronze
- White artificial flowers
Setting - Seaside Memorial, with other markers very close
Culture - Hispanic, Latina, South Texas, working class, lower/mid income
- Lines in the gate
- Monument flush with the ground
- White flowers - purity
- Monument - Embossed affect with how the face comes up
- Fence makes it hard to move freely. Most people stayed at the front
- Walkway makes it so that people seemingly can enter only one way.
- Fence wasn't always there.
Research Question: How it illustrates her personality
Propen pg. 77-79 talks about how barriers can change the experience