We will work together in class to create a list of questions that you can use to help you with your Writing on the Job Interview.
- How does writing affect job positions?-Shawana Balfour
- If you are unable to write well or effectively can you lose your job?-Shawana Balfour
- In relation to writing: What are the greatest pressures, strains or anxieties in this field? - Stacie Thomas
- What are the different types of writing you do in a typical day? -Shannon Hester
- What is the best way to stay organized? -Shannon Hester
- How much time do you spend writing on the job?-Danielle Eiskant
- What type of documents do you write?-Danielle Eiskant
- Who is your primary audience in your writings?-Brian Ramirez
- Are you allowed to submit handwritten documents to your superiors or must everything be typed up to qualify as an official copy within the organization. ~Risa Murray~
- How do you prepare yourself each semester to ensure that things run smoothly between the documents students must fill out and all the information you must then submit to superiors? ~Risa Murray~
- How would you compare the writing requirements of the V.A. with the requirements in the military? (I.e., black ink, one-lining through mistakes, all capitals) ~Risa Murray~
- Without going into too much detail, how do you safeguard a person's private information? (I.e., locked filing cabinets, online security programs, firewalls, etc..) ~Risa Murray~
- What planning goes into writing a document or article? - Jarod Cassidy
- How do you check the background of a source to ensure their credibility? - Jarod Cassidy
What types of documents do you usually write, and what is the acceptable media to publish these documents? -Chris Alford
How often do you usually spend on one document? -Chris Alford
How important is writing in relation to your job?- Arturo Martinez
What are some things people often overlook when writing in your line of work? - Arturo Martinez
What is one common mistake you see when looking at other employees documents? - Arturo Martinez
- If you could relive the last 5 years, what changes would you make?
- What is your pet peeves?
- Why do you want to go into this field?
- What motivates you? -Marilyn Hellums
What type of writing do you do in this job, do you have certain formats you follow?
-Marina A. Martinez
What type of planning do you do to prepare for a job plan?