- Using this chapter from Smarthinking we will practice writing observation reports. You will view a short video in class and then write your own field notes from what you see. Then using your field notes you will write the Observation Report. The Observation Report will be submitted in the Discussion Forum area of Blackboard and must be .doc or .rtf format. Attach your report to the post.
- Audience - Our class as the working group that is developing The Coastal Bend Survival Guide.
- Purpose - The purpose of this assignment is for you to learn how to make observations about the world around you and successfully communicate this information in writing.
- Provides enough information to give the reader a full idea of the occurrences that were observed.
- Maintains audience interest.
- Uses clear and descriptive language so as to provide a visual picture for the reader of what was observed.
- Written at a professional level (formatting, editing, etc.).
- Presented to professor in proper format.