What is a Portfolio?
Some Guidelines (as starting ideas):
- Up to 20% can be new writing. All the rest has to be work you have already done.
- Approximately 50 pages total. Although how will we define pages for online writing?
- Can be any writing you have done/want to do? Not limited to "school" writing.
- Your school writing choices can be from any class, not just English classes.
- Does the portfolio have a clear purpose that relates to a specific audience/audiences?
- Does the portfolio have the right balance of new and revised pieces? (approximately 50 pages with up to 20% new writing)
- Do the revised pieces represent work that is ready for publication (publication in various ways/levels)?
- Does the work illustrate the advanced level of writing of the author?
- Is the portfolio well laid out using the guidelines discussed in class (handout)?