Hardcopy Print Publication
The first thing I always recommend to students to best understand the process of Hardcopy Print Publication is to start at the end and find out from the printing company what the restrictions/options for actually printing the documents. I would recommend calling or stopping by a local company, or you could use email and also research information on the web.
Here are some points to consider when deciding what format to choose for hardcopy print publications:
- How much would it cost to print in black and white on colored paper?
- How much would it cost to print on white paper with black text/visuals?
- How much would it cost to print in color using one or two colors?
- How much would it cost to print in full color?
- What are the paper options and how does that affect the cost?
- What file formats will the company accept to print the document?
- How can you deliver the file to the company?
- What other restrictions/requirements apply?