It is a social/culture/economic/politic struggle going on in this aera.
- What makes an aera a Colonia?
- What are aera assumptions about the Colonias?
- What type of work do indivduals perform in the Colonias?
- Who founded these Colonias?
- When were they founded?
- What is the main concern of the Colonias?
- How good is the communication between city officials and the Colonias?
- Do you see progress for the Colonias in the future?
- What types of houses are in the Colonias?
- How are these houses reflections of the people that live in them?
- How are they reflections of the culture in the Colonias?
- How are they relfections of the economical/political status in the Colonias?
- How do the individuals describe their lives within the Colonias?
- What types of literacies are in this setting?
- What types of media (i.e. television, books, writing, advertisements) do the citizens engage in?
- What do these various forms of literacies represent in this community?
- What are some symbols within this setting?
- How are colors portrayed within this setting?
- How do these colors represent the culture?
- Are there any images/houses/artwork that are mimetic of/in other aeras?
- How are the houses spaced together?
Virtual lab: NRC building (2:00 pm trip)