I will observe your participation in class. If you are prepared, turn your work in on time, and exhibit an attitude of personal responsibility for your grade and your writing progress, you will receive full credit in this area. In our individual meetings I will ask for feedback from you regarding your responsibility grade.
Here are some things you can do to exhibit an attitude of respect and responsibility:
- Be on time
- Come to class every day
- Come to class prepared
- Respect other classmates by watching what you say
- Give your attention to the discussion and whoever is speaking
- Add your opinions to/participate in the discussion
- Complete work on time
- Check the assignments before class every day
- Be helpful to other students
- Don't be playing on the computer while the teacher or other students are talking
- Pay attention to everything and stay connected for everyone's sake.
- Stay focused. Stay on task.
- Keep up with your assignments and your grades. It is not the teacher's responsibility to tell you what you have or haven't turned in.
Academic Integrity and Dishonesty Students are expected to "demonstrate a high level of maturity, self-direction and ability to manage their own affairs" and to "conduct themselves in accordance with the highest standards of academic honesty." Please refer to the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi General Academic Policies and Regulations for complete information.