January 23 & 25
- Read pages i-17 in Every Audience (EA) and complete the Read and Respond activities for that section.
- Bring to class a first draft of your Plan for Writing document. First draft does not mean you must have the entire document written, but you should have something to start with. Participate in Writing Workshop with at least one other student. Feedback at this point should be about content. For example, your reader could give you feedback in terms of what does or does not make sense to the reader at this point.
January 30 & February 1
- Participate in Writing Workshop for your Planning Document
- Turn in Planning Document
February 6 & 8
- Read pp 19-58 in EA and complete all Read and Respond activities.
- Develop Questions for Interviews.
- On the 8th Discuss Zinsser article.
February 13 & 15
- Feb. 13th Discuss Vinci article and Portfolio One Assignments
- Feb 15th no class, use this time to conduct interview
February 20 & 22
- Bring in first draft of Career Writing Interview Report and participate in Writing Workshop for Career Writing Interview Report
- Discuss Lewis article.
- Turn in final version of Planning Document.
- Feedback for Dr. Knull
February 27 & March 1
- No regular class meetings this week. Choose a time to Meet with Dr. G to go over the work on Portfolio One and questions for Portfolio Two.
- Send the first draft of your Career Related Document to another student for feedback. Make the comments using the Review function in word and send the document back, and copy me in the email.
March 6 & 8
March 13 & 15
March 20 & 22
- Bring drafts of your work for Portfolio Two for Writing Workshop in class.
- Telling Our Grandmothers' Stories - no class, but you can participate in the program for extra credit.
April 3 & 5
- Turn in Portfolio Two
- Turn in rewrites of Portfolio One
- Review Portfolio Three requirements
April 10 & 12
- No regular class meetings this week. Choose a time to Meet with Dr. G to go over the work on Portfolio Two and questions for Portfolio Three.
- Read the Harris article and bring the Project Worksheet to your meeting with Dr. G
April 17 & 19
- Read Mathes and Stevenson and complete read and respond activity
- Bring drafts of work for Portfolio Three for in-class Writing Workshop
- Work in class on Audience Memo
April 24 & 26
- Read Huff and complete read and respond activity
- Bring final drafts of work for Portfolio Three for in-class Writing Workshop
- Turn in rewrites of Portfolio Two
- Last day to turn in rewrites of Portfolio Three