You should check the schedule almost daily as plans will change as we progress through the semester.
January 23 & 25
January 30 & February 1
February 6 & 8
February 13 & 15
- On the 13th everyone go as a group to Writing Center (Library 2nd floor) for workshop on finding and documenting sources
- Find two sources related to the topic you think you want to explore for your topic for the semester. Write a summary/analysis/application for each resource and provide complete documentation for source.
- On the 15th Read the revising article that I passed out to you in class and write about the differences between reader based and writer based prose.
- Read articles from Caller Times (handout) and write about how you could apply this information. In other words - How would it be useful to you if you were going to write about either topic for your paper for this class?
- Discuss in class http://journalism.utexas.edu/onlinejournalism/2004/papers/wikipedia.pdf. You don't have to read or write anything about it.
February 27 & March 1
- We will not meet as a regular class this week. Instead you willMeetwith me individually or in small groups to discuss your Portfolio One and your Paper.
- Turn in Portfolio One
- Bring to class two more sources for your Paper. Write a summary/analyses/application for each source and the correct documentation for each source.
- Also write at least one page about how you are narrowing your focus on your topic and how you plan to frame your conversation in your Paper.
- Review writing plans for Paper that were due last class period.
March 13 & 15 Spring Break
- Bring to class at least 5 pages of your rough draft for your paper where you have begun to incorporate your sources into the discussion.
- Bring to class the list of Works Cited for your paper
- Bring first draft of your entire paper to class.
- Telling Our Grandmothers' Stories from 10-5 in the UC. No class on this day but you can earn extra credit for participating.
April 3 & 5
April 10 & 12
- We will not meet as a regular class this week. Instead you will Meet with me individually or in small groups to discuss your Portfolio Two and your Paper.
- Turn in Portfolio Two
April 17 & 19
- Bring second draft of your entire paper to class.
- In class - work on incorporating elements of visual rhetoric into your paper discussion
April 24 & 26
- In class - present and critique presentations for First Year Celebration
- First Year Learning Communities Celebration from 9-3 in the UC
- Bring all work for Portfolio Three to class.
- Workshop on Portfolio Three work.
- If you turn in your portfolio this week I will grade it and give feedback so that you can rewrite the porfolio for a higher grade.