- What you found out about it
- Break it down and put it into your own words
- What kind of source is it?
- Where did the source come from?
- Database - which database/covering what/providing what kind of info?
- Journal/book - what is usually covered in this source?
- Internet - what kind of site/who authors the site/what is the parent source for the site/what do you know about that group/how often is the site updated/when was the info posted?
- What is the purpose for writing the article?
- Why did the author take a certain viewpoint?
- What do you know about the author?
- What is the expertise of the author?
- How does the author relate to the audience?
- Credibity - writing expertise, prior publication, education
- Experience related to the topic?
- What info is covered/not covered?
- What questions are relevant, but not addressed?
- What audience is it geared toward and why?
- How will you use the information
- Think about a specific group
- Different forms - perspectives
- Use as insight for a paper you are writing