- Think about the different ways you could interact with your environment in the H2G2 game.
- What restrictions are there on this format of gameplay?
- How does the story change when you are participating in it, rather than "observing" it?
- What did you like best about being immersed in the story this way?
- Let's discuss this for a while!
- The concept of Audience Interaction
- Developing meaning through self awareness (decision, decisions!)
- Connecting concepts with circularity, instead of linearity
The game you played over the weekend falls into the category of interactive fiction. Let's talk about what that means to your projects.
Does this kind of stuff always work? Let's see if it does in the "wiki novel".
Here are some more examples in the eastgate stories. Twelve Blue was one of the first stories of this kind (and still one of my favorites). Check it out on your computer for a minute and tell me what you think!
- Lets list your topics and figure out who will be facilitating together, so that you have an early idea how you should be planning that project!
- Make sure you have contact information for everyone in your facilitation group!
- Research day on Wednesday!
- Round up some initial findings that are accessible from the journals or bookshelves in the library.
- Meet me by the research computers in the library so that we can hunt your sources down!
- If you don't have sources, I can try to help you look for some on the computers there.