Today we will be doing a little problem solving!
- In four groups you will work to accomplish goals that will help you understand how to design creative, multidimensional wiki pages for your portfolio projects.
- Use the editing and formatting tutorials to help figure out how to accomplish your tasks.
- Choose one group member's project (someone who has some of their research available to them might be a good choice) and work from their student page to begin a wiki project!
1. This group will need to work with images to:
- Embed an image on the page
- Make the image link to another page
- Place text around the image and add a caption to it
- Resize the image so that it fits appropriately on the page
2. This group will work with attachments to:
- Add an image that has a file attached to it
- The image should be related to one of your research sources
- The attachment should be a screen shot of the research process (a database search, library catalog number, etc.)
- This will serve as your evidence of research for this portfolio!!
3. This group will work with links to:
- Make five kinds of links
- One link should connect to a webpage that connects to your topic
- One link should link to another page on your wiki project, where you will add text (a short paragraph will work for now; you can revise it later)
- One link should connect to another student wiki in your facilitation group
- One link (from the other page you created) should link back to the original page
- One link should be internal; it should link to another part of the same page
- All links should have a unique title, instead of the actual link name
- At least one of the links should open in a new window
4. This group will work with text to:
- Create a block of text that has a background color
- Create a link within the block that has a different color
- Create a larger, bold, centered title for the page
- Use italics, underline, and strike-through within the text of the page
- Use a frame around some text
- Continue your research
- Begin working on your wiki projects, using today's examples for reference
- Remember that we will be having "Compinar" on Monday!
- We will meet in the library
- We will meet during your seminar time, not my class time
- Have a great weekend; spring break is right around the corner!!