Anonymous Peer Review!
Before you begin, we need to decide which groups will present on what days.
- Use the key points from the project description to guide your review:
- Thesis: What is your central claim? Is it controversial? What is confusing or unclear about it?
- Audience(s): Who is the essay trying to reach? How does it accomplish this? Does it stray from its intended audience?
- Rhetorical stance and purpose: What kind of argumentation is used? Is it effective? Does it follow the Argumentative Guide?
- Organization: How would you describe the flow of the essay? Are there good transitions between paragraphs?
- In-text & Reference citations: Do they need editing? Are sources incorporated smoothly?
- Completion: Does the conclusion leave the reader with a new sense of awareness? Does the closing statement encourage further action?
- You need to address all of these things with specific examples from the draft itself.
- Include any additional ideas or constructive criticism you'd like to add.
- You will respond to 2 drafts before leaving. When you leave, I will tell you which thread is yours so that you can use the feedback (along with mine) to revise further!