- Today is your last freewrite for this class!
- Freewrite today about what benefit freewriting has been for you. Be honest; try to reflect on your experience with writing this semester and what role freewriting has played in that.
- Thinking about audience:
- Language choices (jargon, slang)
- Attention (limiting data, participation, etc.)
- Developing structure:
- Beginning-Middle-End (clearly define the parameters)
- Strong finish (avoid rushing through it & make it memorable!)
- Be the expert:
- Make eye contact
- Stick to the main topic (don't get distracted by a sub-point and lose your audience's engagement)
- Move around; you don't have to stand in one spot the entire 5 minutes!
- Practice not saying "um"
- Let's take a few minutes to brainstorm some ideas about your presentations that can help them stand out.
- Please get your works cited list out (or bring it up on your computer) and let me check your work.
- While I'm going around the class, have your neighbor look at your stuff and see if everything looks good to them.
- Be prepared for your presentations!
- Remember to practice your presentation and adjust for time limits, pace, etc.
- Email me with any questions/concerns so that we can address them before your scheduled presentation - there are no "do-overs"!
- Section 526 will present on Monday and section 527 will present on Wednesday in Rita's room from 11-12:50. On the day you are not presenting, you will not meet for seminar or composition.
- Don't forget to visit the FYRC on Tuesday!