Get into groups based on my instructions...
- The scenario!
- Class Debrief.
- How do we define it?
- Who are some people that we know of who engaged in civil disobedience?
- Review Functionalism/Conflict Theory
- In your groups, discuss the following:
- How would a functionalist explain civil disobedience? (Does it align with liberalism?)
- How would a conflict theorist explain civil disobedience?
What About Kim Davis?
- The Facts
- In your groups:
- What would you have done in her situation?
- Is this civil disobedience? Is it something else?