Freewrite (choose one, two, or all of these questions to address in your response):
- Why did YOU choose to come to college?
- In general, what do you believe is the purpose of getting a college education?
- How hard do you think you should have to work to earn "good" grades in college classes? (And, what do you think it MEANS to "work hard" for a class?)
- Why did you come to college?
- Is having a college degree more important now than it ever was? Why or why not?
- What other options are out there for people your age? Is it considered a failure in our society if someone decides to drop out (or not even go to college)?
- Is college "worth it"...? (Does it depend on the major? Does it depend on your GPA?)
- What should be the purpose of going to college: learning or getting a job?
- What is your "job" as a college student? (And, if you're not putting in 100% effort to be a "successful" student...what's the point?)
- Think about these things for class on Wednesday. When you come back, we'll discuss them in more detail!