Some Local Context
- The cultural artifacts of the European interactions in North America are still evident.
What traditions or customs are discussed in these videos?
- Now, let's explore some of your own cultural traditions!
- Work with a classmate, in pairs, to discuss some of the cultural practices you've participated in, thinking about family traditions, community events, and personal identity.
- What does culture mean to you? How would you define it?
- Next, switch partners with someone. Share the things from your last discussion and see what your new partner can add to your definition.
- As a class, let's debrief and share what we learned!
- Why is this important to understanding history? How does this help shape our understanding of the sentiment leading up to the Revolution?