Getting to Know Your Campus (Photo Scavenger Hunt!)
Today during Seminar you are going to discover many of the places on campus that can help you achieve your goals. You will work in teams of 3-4 to complete a photo scavenger hunt!
- You'll need to take a picture INSIDE each place you visit with at least one group member in the photo. You MUST post your pictures to the Triad CS Facebook group with a description of where you are, and your WHOLE TEAM must stay together.
- Whenever possible, you should meet, speak, and . Find out about the services their program offers and pick up handouts of upcoming activities. Bring handouts back to class and be prepared to teach the class everything you learned!
- People are trying to work today.
- Be back in class by 11:45am (Section 022), or 12:45pm (Section 023) . You must be in your chairs ready to discuss where you visited at this time or you will be disqualified!
- MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Don't get Sean in trouble! Be good representatives of Triad CS!
Your goal is to go to as many locations as possible from the list below! Obviously, you won't have time to do them all, but there are some bonus locations you should be able to find for extra points. Choose wisely!
- Writing Center
- CASA (and maybe your peer mentor?)
- SandDollar$ deposit machine
- Library computer labs (HINT: These aren't the computers in the lobby area downstairs!)
- Office of Engagement Initiatives
- Student Government Association
- IT help desk
- Your advisor's office
- Career Services
- Lost and Found office
- Student Engagement and Success office
- SandDollar$ Office
- Department of Undergraduate Studies (DUGS) lobby
- Islander Transition Center
- Counseling Center
- Health Center
- Islander Welcome Center
- Honors Program
- Dean of Students' Office
- A picture of (at least) one of your group members touching the feet of Dr. Hector P. Garcia's statue.
- A picture of a poster with my face on it :)
- Pictures of my office door, Dr. Tintera's office door, or Dr. Yadav's office door, with ALL of your group members in the picture (extra bonus for having ALL THREE!)
Prizes will be awarded to the winners!