From Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing (2011):
Habits of mind refers to ways of approaching learning that are both intellectual and practical and that will support students’ success in a variety of fields and disciplines.
Two of the eight Habits of Mind:
- Responsibility – the ability to take ownership of one’s actions and understand the consequences of those actions for oneself and others
- Engagement – a sense of investment and involvement in learning
Advice and Requirements:
- Honesty is always appreciated. It is okay to admit that you might not be as engaged and/or responsible as you (or I) would like.
- Your reflection should be well-organized, with an introduction that includes a thesis statement, smooth transitions between well-defined paragraphs, and a satisfying conclusion. Students who do well on this type of reflection typically write at least 2-3 pages.
- The evidence you provide should serve as of the claims you are making. Include examples in your discussion.
- Your text should be 12-point, Times New Roman, and double-spaced with 1'' margins. Save the file in Word or PDF format.
Your midterm reflection is due (in Word/PDF format) by 11:59pm on Friday, October 20 via your Seminar Blackboard. Email me with ANY questions!