In college you will often be asked to find sources to use in research papers...
- Academic/Scholarly Sources: Books, Journal Articles
- "Credible" Sources: Magazine Articles, Newspaper Articles, Websites(?)
Today you're going to practice finding different types of sources. (Show us your research skillz!)
- http://rattler.tamucc.edu ← This is where you should start!
- http://scholar.google.com ← This can also be helpful for academic/scholarly sources
- http://www.wikipedia.org ← What about this?
Please get into THESE groups!
- Our topic?
- You will have roughly 25-30 minutes to try to locate and record five different types of sources related to our topic
- Please return by 11:35 (Section 140/141) or 1:05 (Section 142/144) or you will forfeit your points for this activity!
- Have fun! (We'll be here to help if you need it!)
- How'd it go?
- What was the easiest to find? The hardest?
- Lessons learned?