From Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing (2011):
Habits of mind refers to ways of approaching learning that are both intellectual and practical and that will support students' success in a variety of fields and disciplines.
Two of the eight Habits of Mind:
- Responsibility - the ability to take ownership of one's actions and understand the consequences of those actions for oneself and others
- Engagement - a sense of investment and involvement in learning
Advice and Requirements:
- Honesty is always appreciated. It is okay to admit that you might not be as engaged and/or responsible as you (or I) would like you to be.
- Your reflection should be organized to clearly demonstrate distinct evidence for your assessment of both responsibility and engagement, as well as your plan for the rest of the semester.
- The evidence you provide should serve as of the claims you are making. Include examples in your discussion.