- I asked you to read the short story Mericans over the weekend. Today's freewrite should be about your interpretation of the story, but I'd like you to think about it in terms of:
- What is Cisneros making a statement about with this piece?
- What does it mean to be "Merican"?
- What perspectives are represented here, in terms of the American identity?
- When you're done, we'll discuss as a class.
- Now that you've had some time to review the feedback I gave you (assuming you were here on Friday), you should have a clearer path to the completion of your 5 Reviews. As a class, let's take some time to discuss some specific examples from your work that demonstrate our understanding of multiple perspectives and whatever else you've learned so far in this process.
Peer Review of the Reflective Overview
Make sure you have an electronic version of your Reflective Overview for the Triad M portfolio.
- What are our goals for this peer edit?
- Use Track Changes
- Upload the edited version onto your writer's wiki page
- REVISE your Reflective Overview, based on the feedback your received today.
- Organize your portfolio. Do not wait until the last minute to upload or print.
- REVISE your Source Reviews, based on my feedback and our discussion.
- If you are still having trouble finding the last of your scholarly pieces, come to class on Wednesday with specific questions about where you have searched and what obstacles you've faced.