1. The free laborer must work or starve. He is more of a slave than the negro
2. Hatred to slavery is very generally little more than hatred of negroes.
3. [A]lmost all negroes require masters, whilst only the children, the women, and the very weak among the whites need some protective and governing relation of this kind.
4. Now it is obvious, that to emancipate all the negroes would be to starve Western Europe and our North.
5. The negro slaves of the South are the happiest, and in some sense, the freest people in the world.
6. Capital supports and protects the domestic slave; taxes, oppresses, and persecutes the free laborer.
7. Human and divine authority do seem in the general to concur, in establishing the expediency of having masters and slaves of different races.
8. How can we contend that white slavery is wrong, whilst all the great body of free laborers are starving; and slaves, white or black, throughout the world, are enjoying comfort?