- Answer questions about the course or the syllabus
- Solidify your understanding of rhetorical terms from Chapter 1 of EAA.
- Have Some Fun with Rhetoric
Questions About the Syllabus or the Class?
Review of Chapter 1 & Aristotelian Terms
- Here's a link on rhetoric that may help, as well.
Effective Use of Rhetoric Enables YOU to Join the Conversation
- First, get with a neighbor or two to share the work :)
- Next, we'll watch these videos:
- In your mini-team, write down a few elements of these commercials that describe the rhetorical situation, appeals, and kind of argument expressed in each.
- Then, I'll ask you to share some of your answers with the class and compare these arguments to Sojourner's.
- What happened as a result? What is the historical significance of all this?
Update...(for section 527)
- Our class officially was moved to room 240! When we meet on Monday, it won't be in here. Make sure you show up in the right place :)
- Your first reading response (over the video from Wednesday's class) is due Monday (typed and printed!!).
- Dive into Triangle! This is required reading for all of Triad M, and we'll be using this text for more of your reading responses in this class.
- The first of these Triangle reading responses is due Friday! Prepare accordingly!
- On Monday, we'll get you set up with your own wiki pages!