- Answer questions about the course or the syllabus
- Solidify your understanding of rhetorical terms from Chapter 1 of EAA.
- Have Some Fun with Rhetoric
Questions About the Syllabus or the Class?
Review of Chapter 1 & Aristotelian Terms
- Here's a link on rhetoric that may help, as well.
Effective Use of Rhetoric Enables YOU to Join the Conversation
- First, get with a neighbor or two to share the work :)
- Next, we'll watch these videos:
- In your mini-team, write down a few elements of these commercials that describe the rhetorical situation, appeals, and kind of argument expressed in each.
- Then, I'll ask you to share some of your answers with the class we'll examine argument in this speech.
- What are the expected results? What is the historical significance of all this?
- Let's complete your second freewrite to kick off our discussion of Pathos.
- You addressed some examples of Pathos in your Reading Response for today. What examples can you think of from your own experience?
- What role does Pathos play in how we communicate with each other in the classroom? At work? In our families?
- When might Pathos not be the best rhetorical strategy?
- Read Chapter 3 - Ethos of EAA.
- Don't forget to send me your First Day Email by the beginning of next class!