A common reason students don't do so well on the essay portion of History exams is that they don't include enough - or any - details. One efficient way to study for the essays in History is to try to see where the ID terms can be used in your essays as details.
- I am going to hand each of you a term from the ID portion of the exam...
- I will give you about five minutes to define the term (who/what/where/when-type stuff) on the notecard you have been given using all of the resources at your disposal.
- Having difficulty with your term? Find a friend!
- Now, your job is to figure out on which of the your term could be used...
- I will call on people randomly so we can fill out the grid on the board as a class!
- If time permits: Review essays (fill in the gaps!)