Turn in your Chapter 19 Reading Responses
Ch. 19 facilitation: Using Your Research!
What pieces of the puzzle are you missing? The Source Reviews you include in your Research Journal should represent the best and most relevant sources on your topic, and should address varying perspectives. Do some more research, and locate 3 new articles or book chapters on your topic. Then, open a freewrite link and respond to the following prompts:
- List each source and describe the primary perspective of the source.
- Describe "pros" and "cons" of why this source should "make the cut" and be included in your Research Journal.
- Finally, describe how this source broadens your understanding of your topic or issue.
- Write your second Source Review. Remember, your Source Reviews should represent multiple perspectives on your topic.
- Bring both Source Review drafts to class electronically on Friday. I'll review these and give you some feedback.
- Continue adding sources to your research log for Friday. This will count as a homework grade. You should have a minimum of 5 sources.
- REVISE your first Source Review, based on the checklist you developed on Monday.
- Complete your Mid-term Reflection and bring it to History on Friday!