- Succeeding on quizzes:
- Attempts: use them wisely!
- Pay attention to the ideas!
- "So What?": why does this stuff matter?
- Demonstrate that you "get it." If you're just guessing, you need to seek help/discussion/reinforcement before the quiz!
- Succeeding at succeeding:
- Email & other communication
- Finding your way around Blackboard and other important tools
- Remember the syllabus!
- Are You Engaged?
- Follow up on last Wednesday's discussion
Something to Think About
- For COMM: The Nature of Language (p. 52) and "spices."
- How do historical context and cultural change play a role in how we interpret people's communication?
- How might this influence your writing for the Argumentative Historical Essay?
- Your next History quiz is due Sunday. (Keep up with your reading!)