- Think about who the ideal audience would be for your ethnography.
- Who could benefit from what you've observed?
- Can this project directly impact the way your chosen discourse community is perceived?
- The activity today requires your outlining homework and a partner.
- Find them both!
- I'll explain what we're doing with them as soon as you're ready...
- Use your expanded outlines to guide your rough drafts.
- Take what you discussed today and incorporate things you've discovered from your bibliographic research!
- Are there historical, social, economic, or political aspects of your discourse community that are reinforced by or contradicted in the media?
- Is there a hierarchy of power in your discourse community? How does your data represent it?
- Bring your drafts in printed form on Friday so that I can give you written feedback on Monday!
- On Monday, we're meeting for a Writing Center presentation in the Writing Center!
- This counts for both Composition and Seminar, but we'll meet at your Composition time.