- Penrose & Geisler's Reading and Writing Without Authority
- What are claims, based on this reading
- What do they mean by authors "speaking to each other"?
- What does the "information-transfer model" mean?
- How do you define authority?
- Topic Selection
- Use your list of three subjects from Wednesday's homework assignment to narrow down some topics.
- List as many topics within each subject as you can, but try to avoid narrowing them down to topic angles yet!
Writing Project 3 Discussion
- Essay 3 - Annotated Bibliography with Contrasting Perspectives
- Scholarly Research!
- Bibliographies and their value...
- MLA stuff
- Spelling, Run-ons, Etc. (Read it backward!)
- Remember that the purpose of editing is to polish your writing. Like a jeweler, you may have a valuable product, but no one will want to buy it until it's shiny and sparkly, so edit accordingly!
- On a scratch piece of paper, answer the following questions, anonymously:
- What can I do to improve your experience in this class?
- What have we done so far this semester that you feel you've most benefited from?
- If you could take over the class for a day, what would you have everyone do?
- What is your favorite musician?