- Freewrite today about the challenges you had with finding your first source!
- Was it difficult to find what you were looking for?
- Did you keep track of the search terms you used?
- Does your article demonstrate something about your topic that you are interested in learning more about?
- Do you have any idea where to look next?
Expanding Your Research
- Finding additional media/internet sources for your topics
- Remember to record what you find and where/how you found it!
- Analyzing sources critically
- Reading book reviews for book sources
- Assessing the audience
- Ulrich's guide
- Exploit the bibliographies!
- Once you've found some interesting article(s), go through their bibliographical listings and try to locate some of their resources!
- I'll be coming around to help you do this!
Writing Your First Annotation
- Find a book source by Monday!
- If you can't find one that's available through the Bell Library, you'll need to request it through ILL!
- First five annotations are due next Wednesday!