Keep these questions in mind and respond to them for each draft:
1. Is the purpose of writing clear in the first paragraph? (If not, why not?)
2. Can you identify the audience for whom this is written? (Look for cues in the writing: tone, style, word choice, etc.)
3. How is the paper organized? (chronological? topical? logical? compare/contrast, etc.)
4. Is evidence used to support generalizations? Look for concrete descriptions.
5. Can you summarize the main point of the paper in a sentance or two? How effective is the introduction and conclusion?