Freewrite and Discussion
Take a minute to consider the reading we did over the weekend.
- How can this story help us understand the differences in generations?
- In what ways does this story teach us about personal narrative?
- After you've written for a while, we will discuss your thoughts.
- Go through your journal and make notes and write descriptions of parts that have special meaning to you. In the same way that we analyzed the Alexie piece, you should be able to use your journal entry to reflect on the things that you have to say in your own personal narrative.
Darcy Lewis was kind enough to create an example of the Generational Narrative for you. Remember that this is JUST AN EXAMPLE and that your actual work may look very different from this.
I will go over again - WhatIsAPortfolio - in order to further clarify.
- Begin or continue working on your narrative essay. I need to see some progress, at least an intro or a body paragraph, by Wednesday.