- Take your prewriting and start adding pieces that you are going to be writing about. Use the elements that we have discussed (topic, generational differences, personal insight) to guide your writing. We will spend about 30 minutes on this before getting into groups for some idea-sharing!
- Make groups of 3 or 4 (work with your neighbor or move around the room, if you'd like) and examine the writing you just did. Are there similar themes or experiences that you share? Does your group have any ideas that you didn't think of? Discuss possibilities that work best for you.
- Use today's writing to compose a rough draft by Friday.
- Think about your genre projects and make drafts of them, if it makes sense for you to do so at this point.
- Read "Responding to Student Writing."