Freewrite on Cisneros
- What does she assume from her reader?
- What would you assume about the reader of your project 1 paper?
Don't be shy!
Sign up for conferences
Burroughs-Style Revision: Burroughs
- Find the part of your essay that seems to express your central idea best
- Cut it out
- Cut out the remaining paragraphs and separate the ones that seem to work best with your initial paragraph choice - If you find that some of the pieces don't work very well, you can always replace them!
- Try rearranging what you have left and number the pieces in a new order
- Look closely for areas where you could "fill-in the gaps"
- Think about new beginnings and endings - don't worry too much about transitions, they can come later
- Make notes on your own draft before you submit them to me
Sign Up For Conferences!
- Think about what you would like to discuss at your conference
- Work on second draft
- Write a short (1 or 2 pages) journal describing yourself as a writer.
- What have you learned so far about your writing style and habits?
- Is there something about your writing that you find difficult?
- How does your writing express your goals as a student and future graduate?