- Haas and Flower discuss the construction of meaning by a reader.
- What do they mean by this?
- What do they say experienced readers do when constructing meaning?
- Do you agree with their methodology?
Rhetorical Analysis discussion
- Let's revisit the idea Mr. Donaldson mentions about bias.
- How does this connect with language?
- How are different meanings created from the same piece of text?
- What are the increments of knowledge that make up writing?
- Rhetorical Connections
- Consider how language creates meaning based on our biases.
- Can we manipulate language to create an effect?
- Can we analyze those tricks in other people's writing accurately?
- What tools do we have for doing this?
- Write a one page response to the questions in today's class plans.
- Bring this to compinar on Wednesday.
- Read Talbot's A Rhetorical Analysis of Authors on the CIA Torture Inquiry, p.156 in WAW and begin reading Charlotte Temple
- Meet in your seminar room at your seminar time on Wednesday for COMPINAR! You won't be meeting during your composition time; you will only meet with us once!