- discuss guidelines for critiquing positively
- create list of rules for civil discussion
- Get into groups of 4 and share your autobiographies
- Be more positive than negative - make suggestions rather than pointing out flaws
- Respect the fact that these are drafts. Don't expect them to be completely refined yet.
- Leave comments that help the author understand your perspective as a reader - Was the essay clear to you? Did you enjoy any particular elements?
The Other America
- Think about how your autobiography fits into the big picture.
- Be prepared to freewrite about the identity that you've presented in your paper on Thursday