Don't forget to meet in OCNR 243 today!!
- Take a few minutes to freewrite about Flight.
- Have you begun to think about the perspective part of your essay?
- What events/characters/ideas from the book do you empathize with?
- How would you explain your personal connections to it?
Drafting Theses & Flight Discussion
- Let's use your knowledge of Flight and the project decription to formulate some ideas about possible thesis statements!
- Discuss the homework you brought with your neighbor to determine what the best possible strategies for constructing a thesis statement would be. Take notes on your homework page for reference!
- In a few minutes, I'll have you get into your writing teams to add content to your theses!
- Keep in mind that even thesis statements require drafting. You may not keep everything that you write today, but at least you'll have something to work with!
- Whatever time we have left after you've been adequately productive with this will be used for discussion of the current section of the book.
- It's getting crazy, huh?
- Use the freewrites and in-class writing we've done to compile a list of personal experiences you might use in the perspectives part of your Flight essay!
- This can be typed or hand-written, but it needs to be about a page long and you'll need to bring it to class on Monday.