- Think about your language/dialect
- What about "Wild Tongue" can you relate to in your own experience?
- What aspects of your social interactions require you to examine language and culture outside of your own experience?
- Code Switching and Spanglish
- How do social interactions require you to examine language and culture outside of your own understanding?
- Spanglish clip
- How do you think Anzaldua sees her audience for this piece? What does it mean to make an assumption about someone or something?
Volunteers are great!
Set up student pages, then create a link within it
questions? problems? excitement?
- Read Sandra Cisneros' "Mericans".
- Think about what assumptions we make about different discourse communities.
- Be prepared to discuss stereotypes and cultural bias on Tuesday!