- Take a few minutes to freewrite about your experience with writing in school.
- When you're done, we'll discuss how this compares or contrasts with experiences outside of classrooms!
Sponsors of Literacy
- Let's talk about what literacies you've identified and how describing them will play a key role in your Literacy Autobiography.
- Step 1: Pull up the Literacy Autobiography Project Description and review the assignment's requirements.
- Step 2: Open up a word document.
- Step 3: Select 5 of the open-ended questions to work on today. Copy and paste those questions to the word document.
- Step 4: Pull out any notes from class or homework that you think you can use to answer these questions.
- Step 5: Search for images, either personal (like from Facebook), or from the web (Google search) that visually represent the corresponding question/s.
- Example: How has technology changed your view on reading and writing over time?
- At this point, I would choose an image that adequately represents the question at hand, such as an iphone, laptop computer, or a screenshot of Black Board.
- Step 6:Place the chosen image in a Microsoft Word Document. Add an explanation (4-5 sentences) to why and how the selected image represents the question. Additionally, consider what Sponsors of Literacy have helped you acquire this skill or interest, etc. For extra points, consider how your selected photo can connect with one of your many discourse communities!
- Due Monday: Read portions of Devoss et al. "The Future of Literacy" from WAW. (Introduction on pgs. 396-397, one Case Study of your choice, and the conclusion on pgs. 414-419).