Moving On: Blowout!
- We're going to start today with one of the Exam 3 Review Guide videos: Chicano Movement
- Afterward, we'll use some materials from the time period to put ourselves in the shoes of the activists!
- Reflecting on Tuesday's online activity, let's step back in time a bit and examine some student writing ;)
- Each of you will get an article from Chicano students in the 60s.
- Once you've read, you work with a partner that has a different reading
- Your job will be to discuss what the two writings say and answer the following question on a scratch piece of paper:
- Why did Chicano students use "Blowouts" to demonstrate their resistance?
- Afterward, we'll discuss as a class!
- After we've jump-started the Chicano discussion, let's step back into the present and focus on next week's important business...