Test Follow-Up Discussion
- How did it go?
- Are there any things we can discuss to help each other be even more prepared for the next Exam?
Moving to Angel Island
- You should begin reading (at least through Chapter 2) of the text Angel Island this weekend!
- Use the Reading Guide questions to help you!
Reflect and Discuss
- Some of the History lecture describes a 19th century America that is struggling with human rights and civil justice (human trouble?).
- This theme will persist and become even more problematic through the rest of the semester!
- I'd like to show you a video that explores how we negotiate some of these things in society.
- When we're done, I'd like you to freewrite in response to it.
So...How do we make change?
- Hispanic Heritage Month Activities:
- Latin Dance Night will take place Wednesday September 28 at the Hector P. Garcia Plaza from 5:30-7, it will include dance instructors, fruit cups, and drinks.
- Loteria will also take place Wednesday October 5 at the Hector P. Garcia Plaza from 4-6, it will include prizes, cookies, and drinks.
- The Bell Library will host an open house to celebrate Banned Books Week on Sept. 29, from 1 – 4 p.m. Visitors can participate in a cosplay costume contest from 2-3 p.m. and other games and contests. The event is free and open to the public.