- Today, we'll be drafting your proposals!
- Begin your freewrite with the words "The problem with [insert topic here] is ___________."
- Elaborate from there!
- What kinds of proposals are there?
- What are the key ingredients in an academic proposal?
- Aristotelian, Rogerian, or Toulmin? (What are the differences?)
- Finally, Design and Visuals?!?!
- Look at the examples of proposal theses on p.291 of EAA.
- Based on your freewriting, brainstorm your individual claims on a sheet of paper. You've got 10 minutes.
- Get together in your topic groups!
- Work in groups to communicate and establish your individual argumentative goals
- Discuss how your goals demonstrate something about the theme you're organized around.
- Take notes to use when you determine whether or not to present together!!
- Next, return to your computers for some drafting.
- Individually, address each of the key elements listed on page 292 of EAA.
- We'll use these drafts to consolidate your Journal work on Wednesday.
- Final Research Journals due Thursday before midnight on Blackboard!
- Work on finalizing the other two components of your Research Journal as you consider how to revise your Proposal draft.
- Define your thesis using the Toulmin method (Claim, Reason, Warrant). We'll use these elements Wednesday to focus your Proposals.
- Remember that this Proposal is what I'll be basing my evaluation of your potential FYRC application on!