- Spend the first part of class today reflecting on your ideas for research in the second half of this semester.
- While you didn't have to necessarily focus on your research topic directly, you may have had some thoughts or ideas develop during the idle time!
- Write about where you might take your investigation next and whether your topic focus has changed or been reconfigured over the last week.
- Proposal writing!
- Let's check out your research...
- Then, let's take this one step at a time.
- Keep in mind that most of the basic requirements of the FYRC proposal should be included with your blackboard submission, too:
✔ 50-word conference program description of your presentation (abstract)
✔ Proposal (Must include credible references and/or evidence of primary research! References do not count in word count.):
- 150 words for 15-minute presentations
- 300 words for 45-minute panels
emails, and cell numbers of all presenters, presentation titles (for proposals involving more than one person), English/Seminar faculty (whoever teaches the class where your project was assigned)
- Read NWWK Threshold Concept 5 (pgs. 71-79) by next Tuesday.
- Submit your proposal on blackboard before class begins on Thursday.
- If you are submitting a panel (team) proposal, you only need to submit one copy to blackboard.
- Plan to meet with me on Thursday about your proposal revisions!
- Submit the online proposal application for the FYRC by noon on Friday, March 22nd if you'd like to present there!