- Spend at least 5 minutes today reflecting on your ideas for research in the second half of this semester.
- What did you learn about your interests from your Analysis Portfolio? Are you planning to follow through with the same topic or switch gears?
- Write about where you might take your investigation next and whether your topic focus has changed or been reconfigured over the last week.
- Proposal writing!
- Writing a proposal can be very simple, but you'll want to think about how your audience is comprised of academics, as well as your peers that are pursuing academic goals.
- Let's take this one step at a time.
- Keep in mind that most of the basic requirements of the FYIC proposal should be included with your blackboard submission, too:
Note: The FYIC is canceled due to the pandemic. You'll still be expected to produce a proposal as part of our introduction to academic writing, but the link to submit it is no longer for submission to the conference.
B) 200-word Proposal (Must include credible references and/or evidence of primary research! References do not count in word count.):
C) Bibliography (even one source is sufficient for now)
D) Names of all presenters
- Read NWWK Threshold Concept 5 (pgs. 71-79) for next week.
- Submit your proposal on blackboard by the end of the day Sunday.