Argumentation & Writing to Learn
- Using your sources to inform your writing may seem like a straight-forward task; however, the interpretation, synthesis, and integration of source material to construct an argument requires more than just access.
- Let's talk about some integration concepts that you should consider for your argument essay:
Discussion & Application
- Let's talk about how argumentation applies to your topics.
- Use the Argumentative Guide to aid you in outlining your argumentative paper.
- Create a new doc and compose two claims, one based on facts from your research and one based on defining something about your topic. List at least 3 reasons you could use to support them. Remember:
- Claims should be arguable and debatable. They can't simply state a fact we all agree on.
- You must be able to support your claims with reasons and, eventually, evidence based on your research.
- You'll have 20-30 minutes to compose these; use your time wisely!
Final Portfolio discussion: Multimodal=Multiple Genres
Research your topic, utilizing the Bell Library Databases!