In general, here's how you "use" a quote in APA...
- Introduce the author(s)
- Cite the year in parentheses after the author(s) name
- Insert the quote (you should NEVER begin a sentence with a quote!)
- Cite the page number where you got the quote
- Explain the quote in your own words
For an indirect source
- No "S" at the end of "Reference" if there's only one source
- Required for any scholarly sources cited in your article (and, uh, pretty much every paper you do in college)! :)
- In this genre (an online publication), hyperlinks are stylistically appropriate for popular references.
- Even when hyperlinking, it's a good idea to "frame" your source. Mention who wrote the stuff you're linking to, if you have that information!
If all else fails, consult The Purdue OWL!